Sunday, May 8, 2011

Kids are strange.

Aren't they? I think that's why they are so incredibly awesome.
Today I was wrapping a present for my Mum for Mother's Day and Smidge warned me to be careful of the edge of the sticky tape because- "The edges are shark!"
He's right- the edges are shark, because if you're not careful, your finger ends up looking like you tried to get a shark to cut the end of the sticky tape for you.
The other day he was telling me about stuff he remembered from "when he was a little girl". Confused and amused at first, I then asked him what his name was when he was a little girl. Without missing a beat he told me it was Alice. What freaked me right out was that when I was new-ish-ly pregnant and my baby bump started to stick out, my husband nicknamed me "Alice" from the song "Alice the camel has two humps".
I don't know whether kids are just genuinely strange or whether to assume they have incredible memory or insight.... What do you think?
So, Mums, Dads, Aunties, friends of people with kids... what are some of the strange and awesome things that kids have told you about?

No comments:

Post a Comment