Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Literal Mind of the 3 year old

Over the last few days I have been discovering in wonderment just how literal T's mind is, and how often he uses it to his advantage. Some examples:

Me- "T, I am tired of hearing you whine!"
T- "Well, if you are tired I think you should lay down and have a rest"

Me- "No, we are not putting the bath plug in today, we are having a quick shower"
T- "Well, how about I just put the plug in for a little while?"
Me- "I have already said no to the plug!"
T- "But Mum, it's a plug, it doesn't understand that you said no to it"

How do you even argue with that? Honestly! A lady at the bottle shop supermarket told him that maybe he could be Prime Minister. I thought 'Good grief, don't give him any more ideas! I can't even convince him to have a shower!'

Is it just me, or does anyone else have children who can manipulate your mind with the pure evil of their genius?

*Disclaimer- I promise, I really don't think my child is evil. Genius yes, evil no!


2 comments:

  1. What a clever little man! "Maybe you should lie down and rest," :)
    My son has already taken to asking me for something he knows he can't have when I'm on the phone, then pretending he thought I said yes when I have said nothing of the sort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that's a good one! What a clever cookie you have there. Scheming, but clever- I love it!

    ReplyDelete